Empower 3: Copying or making properties universal?

Discussions about chromatography data systems, LIMS, controllers, computer issues and related topics.

2 posts Page 1 of 1
In empower 3, under a projects properties there is a "processing" tab with “Number of Digits of Precision Displayed for Area and Height” which for my company is currently set to 0 which makes the Area/Height Rejection settings in the processing method round to a whole number making these settings virtually useless. I have set them to my desired significance for the parent project, however these properties do not carry into projects made under this project.

Does anyone know how I or my Empower Admin team can set these properties to be universal for all empower projects/or to copy into other projects? As a User I am unable to make these changes as the tab is grayed out but I can request that they be made.

I don't know about y'all, but when the difference in s/n for height of 0.40 to 0.35 can be the difference between integrating 5 peaks vs 100 peaks, I want to be able to reject to some degree.

Thanks
I don't know of a way to force your setting universally. However if you want to copy a given setting into a sub-project, you'll need admin privileges.

If you are logged in as an admin or someone authorized to the change the relevant project properties, a button in the bottom left corner of the Project Properties window will appear labeled "Copy to Sub-projects". This button is available in the General, Access and Processing tabs of the Project Properties window.

If you make your changes in the parent project and then push the "Copy to Sub-Projects" button, Empower should replicate to all of your sub-projects.

Please note this change will only affect sub-projects within your parent project. And it will also not affect projects created after you push the change nor it will not prevent someone from changing the setting at a later date. Also you if you make changes in multiple tabs, you need to click the "Copy to Sub-projects" button for each tab that has a change.
2 posts Page 1 of 1