UPGRADING PC FOR CLARUS500A - PROBLEMS WITH SOFTWARE

Discussions about chromatography data systems, LIMS, controllers, computer issues and related topics.

4 posts Page 1 of 1
We have a Clarus500A. Previously, we used the 6.1.1 turbomass and 6.3.2 totalchrom for it, on a Windows 7 computer.
Due to some electric supply problems, this computer died (overvoltage). The GC is working, but we need to forcibly upgrade the computer. We have the installation programs.
Currently, there are only windows 10 or 11 computers available, so we wonder if there are any requirements of hardware, besides OS (our supplier already confirmed that it will work on Win10).
No one has responded, and I'm a computer idiot. But sometimes I can't keep my mouth shut.

1. Could one wipe the computer clean and install Windows 7???

2. Could one buy a computer on Ebay that runs Windows 7?
If your vendor has confirmed that Win10 is not an issue, ANY computer running Win10 will have sufficient power for your needs. The question is whether there are any non-standard interface boards required and if the new computer has the necessary slots to accommodate them. If the old computer is still there, open it up and see what interface boards are present.
-- Tom Jupille
LC Resources / Separation Science Associates
tjupille@lcresources.com
+ 1 (925) 297-5374
We found out the problem was that for win10, the totalchrom version should be 6.3.3 and not 6.3.2
Currently searching for the updated version. We had the CD, but we can't find it.
4 posts Page 1 of 1