Coolant leakage & water as Coolant?

Discussions about CE, MEKC and related topics

2 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi everyone,
I'm working on CE P/ACE MDQ system,
there is coolant leakage problem, we have checked, all tubings are proper but still coolant is leaking.
It seems that coolant is coming out from the opening which is provided for relief valve.

Any suggestions what I can do?

Also, Can I use water for coolant as We dont want to purchase new coolant because we will not be using CE anymore.
Hi,
The coolant is specific to the system and water cannot be used as it does not cool as efficiently and also at high temps will cause problems with the capillary current. Coolant leaks are from one of three places: the cartridge coolant nuts, the quad rings on the interface block where the cartridge sits, and the coolant reservoir where you fill the machine with coolant. In any case check the cartridge first for cracks around the coolant nuts and then move to the block. If all of these check out it would be the reservoir and this would need a service visit to replace.

Steve
AB SciEX/ Beckman
2 posts Page 1 of 1