Pressure failure. P/ACE MDQ CE instrument

Discussions about CE, MEKC and related topics

2 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi,

I have a problem ‘pressure failure’ with a P/ACE MDQ CE instrument. First, I opened the data in offline when it was analyzing samples. It gave me a message “general communication failure. Please verify the instrument is turned on and check all connections” and it turned off instantly itself. After that, I tried to restart it and it gave me a message ‘pressure failure’ even if I did not do any analyse.
Has anyone experienced anything similar to what I am encountering and how can I fixe it?

Best regards

Suong Huynh
I am assuming you might have talked with Beckman tech support already but a pressure failure comes from the pressure pump below the system. If you have restarted the instrument and the error comes up without a cartridge or comm connection then there is a diagnostic failure with the pump and will need field service. If not and communications are established in the software try starting with a 40 psi pressure rinse and then see if the error comes up. If it does the pressure manifold is probably clogged and needs service to replace it. If not check your vial caps to be sure they are secure as well as the cartridge.

Steve Q
Beckman Coulter
2 posts Page 1 of 1