Looking accesories for capillary electrophoresis MDQ

Discussions about CE, MEKC and related topics

3 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi all,
In our lab we have a capillary electrophoresis P/ACE MDQ what nobody use it because people have had many problems during a method development for aminoacids and organic acids (repeatability, analyte elution time, stability baseline....) seven years ago. Moreover, they told me that electrodes (platinum wires) break or bend easily during work system operation and other replacement accessories (coolant, specific silice capillaries) are non cost effective if they need to be replacing continuously.

Do you know if is possible to replace original electrodes to platinum wires which would be cut in or lab at the same size than original electrodes?.

Do you know if is possible to replace the coolant fluid to flurinert FC770 manufactured by 3M?. From internet sources I was noticed that flurinert FC77 would work but this product was discontinued.

Hoping someone can help me to locate cheaper alternatives for using the equipment, I remain

Regards,
Igasa
Hi Igasa,

This is typically something you can ask your Beckman representative. There are still many MDQs around, and I am sure they can help you.

/Cari
Hi

I can tell you as the Beckman rep that the coolant is FC770 from 3M. Also to use Pt wire is not recommended unless cut with very sharp razor and the cut is straight down similar to cutting a capillary. Usually as Cari has stated capillaries (the non-coated kind) are cheaper to replace and are very cost effective especially if bought in spools but you would need to learn well how to burn your windows onto it which is a tough thing to do consistently. My recommendation is to stick with the laser abated kind and use the window burning after you have practiced with them enough to not break them, especially for the LIF or laser fluorescence detector.

Steve Q
Beckman Coulter
3 posts Page 1 of 1