High Conductivity on ICS 2000

Discussions about IC and related topics

5 posts Page 1 of 1
Hello to all,

i'm running an anionic analysis on dionex with gradient NaOH from 1.0 to 60 mm concentration. Analytical column is Ion Pac AS 11-HC 4x250 mm,9μm Dionex and guard column Ion Pac AG 11-HC 4x50 mm, 13μm Dionex. Suppressor is ADRS 600 4mm. When i performed the analytical method validation my conductivity was around 0.8 μS and now its around 1.8μS and it won't drop even with over weekend equilibration.
I have changed detector, suppressor, eluent generator, pump and still the conductivity is high.
Can someone help me solve my problem?

Thanks in advance
an increase from 0.8 to 1.8 should not be a big issue.
Dr. Markus Laeubli
Manager Marketing Support IC
(retired)
Metrohm AG
9101 Herisau
Switzerland
Probably not but i have half areas on my peaks due to this increase on conductivity, unless the half areas are not related to the conductivity.
in that case, there is a problem. You should contact your Thermo Dionex representative.
Dr. Markus Laeubli
Manager Marketing Support IC
(retired)
Metrohm AG
9101 Herisau
Switzerland
i have contacted them and waiting for a possible solution. Also when external service came and performed OQ to the instrument it had around the same conductivity but he said that the instrument was running ok and OQ was successful.
5 posts Page 1 of 1