Electronic issue with Dionex GP40

Discussions about IC and related topics

6 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi, We have multiple GP40 and GP50 systems and a couple of them are having this electronic issue where the pump seems to be pressing the buttons on the control by itself. You can not really control it because the the display is constantly beeping and the cursor is moving around, sometimes changing percantages and/or turning the pump on/off. I replaced the pump display as well as the board that the display is connected to but the problem seems to persist?

I am hoping there is somebody else out there who had experienced the same issue.

Thanks

Hakan
Same situation with GS50 pump. Fortunately lately it "cured" itself without any maintenance steps :-)
In case somebody else runs into the same issue, it turns out the problem was the display. Changed the display and the problem disappeared...
hgurleyuk wrote:
In case somebody else runs into the same issue, it turns out the problem was the display. Changed the display and the problem disappeared...

But earlier you said: "I replaced the pump display as well as the board that the display is connected to but the problem seems to persist?"

There is contradiction between these statements.
Good catch! It turns out, the two spare displays I had laying around were both bad as well. I just did not confirm they are working before I tried them which was a huge mistake on my part that cost me a lot of time!!!

FWIW, I tried a CD20 display on the GP40 and everything seems to be working fine ;-) A few buttons have different names but they work as they should on the GP40...
Thank you for sharing this.
6 posts Page 1 of 1