ICS 1100 peak height is half.

Discussions about IC and related topics

3 posts Page 1 of 1
I have issue of the IC peak height or sensitivity.
ICS 1100 has AS22 column and AERS 500 carbonate suppressor. After analyzing high concentration sulfate and chloride samples the retention time was shorten and washed out column and replaced guard column and retention time is fine but the all anions of standard solution has half of the peak height compared to previous calibration. Backpressure and total conductivity are normal. 1900-1950 psi and 16-17uS.

Please help me what can I do for this problem.
hi
What is the delta psi between LOAD and INJECT? It should be negligible, if not, the problem is in the inj valve.

sounds like a blocked rotor seal on injector valve, or a partially blocked stator, both are simple to replace. Use a jewlers loupe 40X or microscope to determine which part is blocked (stator hole will be plugged when held up to the light, rotor groove may have crud in it.) and replace. sonication sometimes can correct it

Assuming you have an ASDV, make sure the sample loop is getting completely filled, confirm if needle line is OK
Thank you for the advice. Our IC already has injection valve issue so I replaced all the needle of sampler and replaced rotor seal, stator face seal and stator in injection valve. But still this IC has low strength of conductivity peak.
3 posts Page 1 of 1