ICS-5000+ Peristaltic Rear Seal Wash Pump not functioning

Discussions about IC and related topics

5 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi,

My Peristaltic rear seal wash pump is not functioning. I have tried changing the properties in chromeleon 7 from interval to automatic. Neither of these will make the pump rotate. on automatic setting I get a warning that the rear-seal leak sensor is malfunctioning. Where is this sensor physically located?

I have powered on and off the pump and it does not start rotating on startup. If I turn the rearsealwashsystem to off in the properties and then switch it to interval or automatic the pump says it is active for a bit but does not physically rotate.

I believe my pump may have failed. If I order the rear-seal wash pump is this something that I would be able to replace fairly easily? Anyone have experience replacing this pump on an IC 5000?

Thanks,
Josh
Hi Josh,

The rear seal wash system properties in Chromeleon for "interval" and "automatic" refer to older systems that had drop sensors mounted on the rear seal wash bottle. These have not been used for many years. Please keep the property set to 'interval' to avoid receiving error messages.

It sounds like you may need to replace the seal wash assembly (062058 - ASSY,SEAL WASH,PMP,ICS3/5). It comes as a whole assembly with the rollers, motor, and a housing that is installed using the four screws that secured your original seal wash assembly. There is a small cable connection that you must disconnect/reconnect when replacing it (please ensure the module is turned off and power cable unplugged). Please call your nearest Thermo Fisher Scientific office if you are unsure about completing the repair on your own.
Best regards,

John Guajardo
Senior Product Manager
Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thanks for the reply John.

It sounds like this repair is easy enough, I have ordered the replacement part and will hope that this resolves my issue.
I was able to replace the pump without too much issue. It was a little finicky trying to disconnect and reconnect the power cord as it had been zip tied with other cords behind the panel. there was not a lot of clearance to get my fingers behind the panel but I did manage to wrangle it without having to remove the side panel.

After replacing the pump and turning on the system the rear seal wash started to function normally again.
Thanks for the update; glad you are up and running!
Best regards,

John Guajardo
Senior Product Manager
Thermo Fisher Scientific
5 posts Page 1 of 1