ICS 5000 Suppressor Configuration

Discussions about IC and related topics

7 posts Page 1 of 1
Failed to configure the Anion & Cation Suppressors , Error Messaage " Linked pump is off or flow rate is 0, Suppressor is turned off" Pump flow is 1mml /minute, The config. windows for eluent is inactive... Anybody faced such issue...
Hi NK Kumar,

Welcome to the forum. Please go into your instrument configuration (Start > All Programs > Thermo Chromeleon 7 > Instrument Configuration Manager) and check the instrument and pump linked to each suppressor. With the Instrument Configuration Manager window open, double-click on the DC module icon and click the "Suppressor" tab in the resulting window. You will see the suppressor(s) listed. Most likely they are both set to the same instrument right now. Double-click on each one and a window will pop up where you can set which instrument and pump is linked. Click ok when finished and save your configuration.
Best regards,

John Guajardo
Senior Product Manager
Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thank You very much sir, Appreciate your prompt support, I have configured the pumps and suppressor setting is active now. Recently I have replacedAERS-500 in place of ASRS and selected the suppressor as ASRS , Is it OK or not ( AERS not found in the drop down menu). Now I am facing another issue, another error appears as :Suppressor Overvoltage: and it trips the pump as well. Is it due to the failure of suppressor control board? (i.e SRS/AES Control board). How can I confirm the failure?
Hi NK Kumar,

The Dionex ERS 500 suppressor is fully backwards compatible with the Dionex SRS 300 suppressor. Please select the "SRS" option if an "ERS" setting is not available. Before operating the suppressor, please make sure to follow the hydration procedure in the quickstart or section 3.2.1 of the manual. The quickstart is available online here; the manual here.
Best regards,

John Guajardo
Senior Product Manager
Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thank U Verymuch sir, Also note that i have installed the Suppressor after hydration ( 20 minutes kept then only installed in the system) . Only one thing i did not done is monitoring the back pressure. Is there any chance of this error ( i.e. Suppressor Over Voltage) due to back pressure deviation. What is the replacement schedule for back pressure coils? recently i have replaced the mother board and re-started the system. Is there any chance of suppressor board failure? Appreciate your valuable comments....Best regards
Hi NK Kumar,

It's interesting that you mention the backpressure- I actually observed a suppressor overvoltage alarm in the field several years ago at a customer site where I found some restrictions in the tubing. I don't believe we have guidelines for when exactly to replace the backpressure coils, but it would be wise to check the flow and backpressure at various points along the flow path to make sure the suppressor has adequate regen flow and is not experiencing backpressure in excess of 100 psi. Measure the system pressure "A" with the suppressor installed and then remove the fitting from the ELUENT OUT port and measure the system pressure "B". The difference between "A" and "B" should be within 100 psi.

You may need to have a trained service rep come onsite to assess the condition of the suppressor board and IC system as a whole if the tips above and/or a new suppressor don't resolve the error.
Best regards,

John Guajardo
Senior Product Manager
Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thank U very much sir , After contenious flushing CATIONS supressor started working however ANION suppressor can not be turn ON, it trips the pump and gives "Over voltage error", I checked the pressure difference and it is less than 50 psi. Basically i am an instrumentation person responsible for laoratory instrumentation( 20 years Experience in GC and other Lab instrumentation) Recently our IC damaged due to some power surge and major electronics failures rectified ( i.e replaced damaged Mother board). i was suspecting the failure of anion suppressor drive ( it trips even if a lower curent applies)
7 posts Page 1 of 1