Dionex IC 5000 EG backpressure

Discussions about IC and related topics

5 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi,

How much bacpressure is expected through an RFIC EG degasser and a CR-CT at 1 ml/min flowrate?

I have a backpressure of 250 psi through degasser and CR-CT (around 100 - 150 psi from each component) , and just 50 psi when I bypass the EG.

What do You think? Is that too high?
Hi chili,

The backpressure generated at 1 mL/min by the CR-TC is typically < 100 psi and by the RFIC EG degasser is typically < 250 psi. I think your pressures are ok. Are you having issues or just curious?
Best regards,

John Guajardo
Senior Product Manager
Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thanks for your answer.
I have problems with increasing system pressure, tailing peaks and background noise.
I,ve worked my way from detector to pump loosening one fitting at the time. It seems the most significant pressure drop is in the CR-TC and the degasser.
Hi chili,

Please email me (john.guajardo@thermofisher.com) and I can help you offline. Please include as much of the following information as you can:

• Part number and serial number of the column(s) you are using.
  • Details about your sample matrix and any sample preparation you perform.
  • What is your typical system pressure when everything is fine?
  • What is the maximum pressure setting in your instrument method/program?
  • Do you notice the pressure increasing even when you are not running samples?
  • What do you try when the pressure gets too high (e.g., replace the inlet bed supports, replace the guard column, etc.)?
  • Please send a Chromeleon cmb(x) file showing a few injections when everything is fine vs. injections where you are experiencing high backpressure, peak tailing, noise, etc.
Best regards,

John Guajardo
Senior Product Manager
Thermo Fisher Scientific
It turns out the CRD was the problem
5 posts Page 1 of 1