Dionex ICS-5000 detector compartment will not connect

Discussions about IC and related topics

4 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi all,
I recently acquired responsibility of a Dionex ICS-5000. Earlier today, we physically moved some of the modules to better fit the bench footprint where the instrument lives. After plugging everything back in, when starting up Chromeleon 6.8, every module will connect except the detector compartment. When I go to the DC panel in chromeleon and click for it to connect, it will connect briefly and then disconnect and the following messages and error are in the audit trail.
"[] 3:53:39 PM DC.Connect
[Message] 3:53:39 PM {Suppressor1} <Suppressor1> is linked to pump <Pump_1>.
[Abort] 3:53:41 PM {DC} The configuration does not match the module installed options - device will be disconnected."

Nothing has been changed. I have powercycled everything and I have checked the USB connections.

If anyone has had experience troubleshooting this or something similar, help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Hi bgav10,

Please try this:
  • Turn off the DC via the rear power switch.
  • Restart the computer.
  • Wait for the computer and OS to finish booting up completely.
  • Turn the DC on via the rear power switch and wait for it to finish its self test (watch the front panel LED lights).
  • Open your Chromeleon Server Configuration, expand the red timebase icon listed under your computer name, then double-click on the DC device icon to open the DC properties.
  • In the resulting window, click through each tab of the properties and check them against what is physically installed in your DC.
  • Click ok if everything looks correct; this should re-establish communication with your DC.
Best regards,

John Guajardo
Senior Product Manager
Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thank you, John! That fixed the issue I was having. I really appreciate the quick response. :)
Hi bgav10,

Thanks for confirming the solution and glad to hear you are up and running. Welcome to the forum!
Best regards,

John Guajardo
Senior Product Manager
Thermo Fisher Scientific
4 posts Page 1 of 1