Changing tray type in Control Panel for 6.8 Chromeleon

Discussions about IC and related topics

4 posts Page 1 of 1
I have an older version of Chromeleon ( 6.8 ) that is hooked up to an AS50 auto-sampler and I need to update my "Panel" .pan to have register a different tray type. It recognizes that a different tray is installed 49 vs 100 vial when I have the 49 vail tray in there, but the panel won't update I have tried right clicking with the mouse in the panel screen over the current tray, and when I try to go to file, new control panel, I am lost at how to set this up and just get a blank panel. Any help would be appreciated. This seems like it should be an easy update but the software is not proving to be too user friendly.
Hi rcastaneda,

I just tried configuring an AS in demo mode on my Chromeleon 6.8 SR15 and encountered no issues with the tray type image updating on the panel.

• If you choose DETAIL STATUS in the AS50 front panel Menu of Screens (option 2), do you see the correct tray type listed vs. what is physically installed in the sampler (2 mL vs. 10 mL)?
  • Open your server configuration, double-click on the autosampler within your timebase, then go to the Options tab. Do you see the correct tray type listed there?
  • Stop and start the server monitor (i.e., the gray Charlie Chromeleon icon in your Windows task bar) to re-establish communication with the sampler. The icon will change from gray > yellow > green with a red X when it is stopped. After it displays the red X, start the server and wait for the Charlie icon to turn gray.
  • With tray type showing correctly on the physical front panel of the sampler and communication established, click on View > Default Panel Tabset, select the Chromeleon Server, and click OK. Does the correct tray image show up in the Autosampler tab of the resulting window?
Best regards,

John Guajardo
Senior Product Manager
Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thank you for the detailed, quick reply I found that the second bullet regarding server configuration is what helped me and was the part that I was missing. It now shows the 49 vial tray instead of the 100!
Hi rcastenada,

Great to hear and thank you for confirming the solution!
Best regards,

John Guajardo
Senior Product Manager
Thermo Fisher Scientific
4 posts Page 1 of 1