Need suggestion for IC column maintance

Discussions about IC and related topics

2 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi
I have Thermo Fisher IC1100 IC with AS9-HC column and AG9-HC guard column.
I have recently completed anaysis of 1000 coal sample for floride and chloride.
After that I run a quality check analysis. Everything looks fine for the 12-13 minutes. Then phosphate and sulphate started comes and they started to overlap. Before these analysis phosphate retention was 17:30 and sulphate 19:30. Now, 14:30 and 16:00.
Need a suggestion for maintance... Or do you suggest to replace guard column or both column.
Good Morning,

Usually a 10X-concentrated eluent is recommended for cleaning Dionex IC anion exchange columns...you could try this, but my feeling is that more likely it would be better to procure a new guard and analytical column. The cleaning may not work...and it would take some quite time to do, I'd guess. Let us see how others weigh in, and thank you.
MattM
2 posts Page 1 of 1