ICS2000 pressure rising

Discussions about IC and related topics

3 posts Page 1 of 1
The psi on my ICS 2000 has been slowly going up over the past 1 – 1.5 months. It initially started going up maybe 5-10psi a night, but now it increasing 40+ psi a night, i.e Jan 3 the pressure was 1982 psi. it is now steady at 2312psi. When I first started really noticing it, I tried priming the pump to make sure I didn’t have any air bubbles trapped. It initially lower the psi, but then it started creeping up again. I've checked the backpressure and it is ok. QC checks are continuing to pass so it’s not affecting my peaks.
Now the issue I’m seeing is an increase in the pressure and noticeable baseline increase as the run progresses. Ex. The pressure was at 2363 at beginning of run, rose to 2382 during the run and then dropped to 2378 after the run finished.
Does anyone have ideas as to what may be causing this? Pump going bad or tubing issue?
J Cooke
Lynchburg, Va
To me, it seems like there may be something in the sample that is causing the pressure to rise. Have you filtered the sample prior to injection? Also, if you have a guard and/or an in-line filter, have you checked those? That the pressure is dropping after the run leads me to think that there may be an issue with filtering the sample.
The samples were water blanks. Same was observed with my QC sample as well. The pressure has been steadily rising over the past 2 months regardless of if I ran samples or not.
J Cooke
Lynchburg, Va
3 posts Page 1 of 1