Suppressor Over-Voltage Error

Discussions about IC and related topics

2 posts Page 1 of 1
Hello,

Recently I have been trying to create standards with Ion Chromatography
(ICS-2000) for an project/experiment that I am doing.

Some background information: the previous users of this device did not prepare the suppressor and the machine for "hibernation" before stop using it, and the IC system had not been used for about a year. Thus, the machine was all dried out and our old suppressor was "shot". I have attempted to bring it "back from the dead" and I have successfully fixed most of the issues, including moistening the system, raising the pressure, etc... we needed to get a new suppressor, and so the model of the new suppressor is an ACRS-500 ICE.

Going back to the problem, when I tried to load the autosampler (AS40 autosampler) with liquid samples, it was interrupted and the IC-2000 kept having the error of "suppressor over voltage". Does anybody have any suggestions on how to fix this?

Also, what current (mA) should the suppressor/detector setting be set to? There is no ACRS option in the settings, so it was suggested to put it under MMS. However, I'm not sure what to do for the current. Furthermore, when I put it under MMS setting, the chromeleon software does not allow me to even turn on the suppressor.

Any suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks.
Hi

Several things are going wrong here and are not clear to me. You mentioned that you use the ACRS-500 ICE. This suppressor is used for Ion Exclusion Chromatography only. Are you doing Ion Exclusion Chromatography (not the same as Ion Exchange Chromatography) with a corresponding Ion Exclusion Column? The regeneration of the ACRS-500 ICE is done with TBAOH, therefore no current is used. I asked myself why you receive a Suppressor Over-Voltage errror? There is no electrical wire to connect the suppressor to the instrument. In Chromeleon you should choose "None" or "MMS" for the suppressor.
The Thermo Scientific Dionex Chemically Regenerated Suppressor Installation Kit (P/N 038018) should be used. It contains all of the components needed to install and operate the suppressor with pressurized regenerant reservoirs.
All information about the ACRS-500 ICE can be found in the manual http://www.dionex.com/en-us/products/accessories/suppressors/acrs-ice-500/lp-73573.html. If you want to have more information about suppressors and the different models available visit: http://www.dionex.com/en-us/products/accessories/suppressors/lp-73569.html.
Best regards
Stefan Brand
Thermo Fisher Scientific
2 posts Page 1 of 1