Problem with Mg and Ca - Tailing - CS16

Discussions about IC and related topics

3 posts Page 1 of 1
Dionex ICS-5000 + CERS500+IonPac CS16

Samples: food
After less than 100 injections we're have problem with Mg and Ca. This ions tailing and poor recovery, sometimes baseline drifting to lower conductivity.

But no problem with Li, Na, K, NH.

We're cleaning column and guard column like on manual. Suppressor was recovery like on manual.

And idea to help? Or way it's buy knew column?

Do You know better column for cations in food? (can be worse limit of detections)
My past experience is that this sort of problem is typically the result of heavy metal (e.g., Fe+++) contamination; possibly from your samples, but I've seen more problems with the water for the mobile phase.

If the recommended cleaning procedure doesn't help, then it may be time for a new column. :(
-- Tom Jupille
LC Resources / Separation Science Associates
tjupille@lcresources.com
+ 1 (925) 297-5374
Thanks.
Always help in the future to avoid this
I will now avoid such samples with high level metals if possible.

Perform again the cleaning procedure for contamination.
3 posts Page 1 of 1