Dionex AS40 Skipping Samples

Discussions about IC and related topics

3 posts Page 1 of 1
Title says it all, I've ruled out the sensor by covering the area in the loading deck on the vial. Initially it was the first and fifth location in the deck, but now it is sporadic. The run I attempted prior to posting here ran my first rinse and then skipped 3 vials without being prompted to do so. Anyone have an encounter like this or heard of something similar? Any help is necessary, I may have to send out samples to a 3rd party until I can get Dionex to come take a look, however, I'd rather fix it before it comes to that.

Running: Chromeleon
ICS1000 hooked up to an AS40 Autosampler

Thank you, any help is immensely appreciated.
have you figured out a solution yet? I am having similar issues of skipping samples
You may have a dirty optical sensor or it might be on the frits. Can you hear the stepper click as the vials come in to line with the needle? Does the system pause after this click? If it pauses before moving to the next sample I would say that the vial position sensor is in good shape and the optical sensor is not working, if it just runs right past the vials with no pause then the vial position sensor is probably on the frits. Either way I think you may need a repair on this system.
3 posts Page 1 of 1