Dionex ICS-2100 Calibration Issues

Discussions about IC and related topics

2 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi All,

Our lab has a Dionex ICS-2100 instrument that we acquired about a year ago. Up until about a few weeks ago, we have been able to run the instrument about 1-2 times per week and only having to recalibrate about once a month. We used to run IC on a Lachat instrument before acquiring the Dionex and that calibration always lasted one month. Recently in the past 3 weeks, we have had to recalibrate before each use (about once a week). The instrument seems to be losing the calibration a lot quicker than before. I'm curious to hear everyone's thoughts on calibrating the instrument - do you calibrate before every run? Once a week? Once a month? Preferences? Another inquiry I have is if anyone has seen fluctuations in the instrument due to weather. We have started keeping track of temperature and humidity because we noticed a trend in the calibration of the instrument (although our service tech assures us the instrument will not fluctuate due to environmental conditions). I appreciate any thoughts and comments you may have regarding these two subjects. Thank you.
Do you have the column and detector temps set to at least slightly above ambient?

That could be the weather factor there.

We generally have calibrations that are stable for 4-6 weeks on 2100s with EG.

It could also be that your suppressor or even the trap column are starting to fail. Calibration temporarily restores functionality until the background drifts outside of tolerance.
2 posts Page 1 of 1