Rheodyne valve control

Discussions about IC and related topics

6 posts Page 1 of 1
Does anyone know if I can control a Rheodyne valve intended to be installed into an ICS3000 or ICS1000 by just applying voltage to it? And more specifically, what voltage these need to activate? I have a few valves scavenged from old ICS3000 and 1000s and would like to be able to use them just as diverter valves without having to install the entire 1000 or 3000 because I'm limited with countertop space. I was hoping these were simple - apply 12 volts (or 5, or 24, what ever they might be) and the valve switches. Turn off the voltage and they return. I suspect it's more like, apply to two leads and it moves to inject, apply to two different leads (perhaps one is common) and it returns to to the original state.
Thanks!
Hi H2Oh,

Are you planning to use these in combination with another installed IC system? If so, what modules are involved?
Best regards,

John Guajardo
Senior Product Manager
Thermo Fisher Scientific
I'd like to be able to inexpensively add a valve to both ICS3000 and ICS1000 based systems.

I know the ICS3000 DC module has the option of adding a couple of high pressure and low pressure valves to the upper portion, but the cost is several thousand dollars.

The ICS1000 doesn't have room but I was hoping to just set the valve in a little housing next to the IC.

I have spare TTL and relay connections available for control, but I'm not opposed to other control options. What do you suggest?

Thanks,
Do you have autosamplers on those systems? If so, what model(s)?
Best regards,

John Guajardo
Senior Product Manager
Thermo Fisher Scientific
AS40s all around.
Please contact me directly (john.guajardo@thermofisher.com) and I can send you some info on the valve.
Best regards,

John Guajardo
Senior Product Manager
Thermo Fisher Scientific
6 posts Page 1 of 1