Dionex ICS2100 - EGC Cartridge

Discussions about IC and related topics

4 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi everyone!

I've recently started operating an Dionex ICS-2100 and the egc KOH cartridge has just ran out of date. Getting a new one in my country is quite difficult so my lab has to still wait few weeks to have it.
In the product manual, ive read that "There is a 2 year best if used by date. The cartridge can be used beyond this date, but the generated eluent concentration should be re-validated".
Does someone know if this last quote is actually possible? How could I do that? Or the only alternative is to wait for the new one?

Thank you in advance , and sorry for my english i'm still practicing.
If you really need to determine the concentration, you can collect the generated eluent, titrate it with an acid, and compare the result with the set value of the concentration.
I am not sure if you are working in a regulated environment or not but we often have EGC cartridges beyond their shelf life and usually not have any problems. If you wanted to monitor if the cartridge is becoming an issue, perhaps run a validation on a regular basis and see if things such as retention time are affected. To me if the EGC cartridge is starting to lose its capacity the retention times would be affected. I don’t know enough about the workings of the EGC to know if retention times would go up or down. Common sense would say up but maybe someone with more knowledge could confirm that

Kevin.
croma1111 wrote:
Hi everyone!

I've recently started operating an Dionex ICS-2100 and the egc KOH cartridge has just ran out of date. Getting a new one in my country is quite difficult so my lab has to still wait few weeks to have it.
In the product manual, ive read that "There is a 2 year best if used by date. The cartridge can be used beyond this date, but the generated eluent concentration should be re-validated".
Does someone know if this last quote is actually possible? How could I do that? Or the only alternative is to wait for the new one?

Thank you in advance , and sorry for my english i'm still practicing.

The certificates on mine say 'best if used by' and then the date. That means it's fine as long as all your QC passes. Also the language using the word SHOULD means it is only a suggestion. When someone used the word SHALL it means it is a acquirement. So you don't even have to check the concentration. I would think if it's low your retention times would be longer than what the column certificate says they should be.
4 posts Page 1 of 1