Dionex Integrion Overheating

Discussions about IC and related topics

3 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi,
We have a Dionex Integrion that the detector compartment suddenly started overheating on. It seems that the heater has shorted out and just runs. Compartment temps reached over 55c. Does anyone have suggestions on what may have failed or a link to the service manual for this instrument. It is not under a contract and the service ppl we have reached out to either aren't responding or are several weeks away from being able to look at it. I am very competent on troubleshooting and electronics repair but usually like some information to go off of so I am not opening these things blindly. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!
Sean
The first thing I wonder is if the thermostat has gone bad. There would be a difference between an incorrect reading that the oven is constantly applying heat to try and correct, or if the thermostat is reading correctly despite the compartment temp going above the set point.

Is the system giving you any error messages? Or does the system think everything is ok?
"Have you tried explaining it to the rubber duck?"
I am getting an over-temp error in the software and the compartment is very hot to the touch. I haven't verified that actual temp, but it seems that the reading is approximately correct. When I turn the heater option off, I can still hear and feel the heater/blower running for the compartment. As soon as I switch the instrument on, the heater kicks in and the compartment starts to heat.
3 posts Page 1 of 1