Looking for Chromeleon 6.8 software

Discussions about IC and related topics

3 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi Gang,

I'm a grad student at Texas A&M University - Corpus Christi, working on groundwater discharge to the estuaries. A large part of my study focusses on analyzing ion concentrations in surface and groundwater, and our IC is starting to give us trouble just as the study is wrapping up.

We are running Chromeleon 6.5 with a Dionex auto sampler, conductivity detector and IP-25 pump. Several mechanical failures occurred recently on the IP-25 Dionex pump that could not be repaired so we found a refurbished GP-50 for a good price that works great. Only problem is the GP-50 will not communicate with Chromeleon 6.5 and we will need a slightly more modern (or slightly less out-dated) version 6.8.

I've noticed several recent posts here about ISO files of old chromeleon software and am wondering if anyone has any leads on getting access to this? Our budget is pretty slim, so cant afford a new IC system, but if it is just a software problem we're facing then we are compelled to try resolving it.

Any information you guys have is greatly appreciated....
Thank you!
-Will
6.8 is WAY out of date. It's hard to find anyone at ThermoFisher who knows how it works. They have one guy who they sent to my lab a couple of months back. A couple of years ago our computer died and we had to download 6.8 from the internet with the help of out Thermo guy. I see LabX has 6.8 listed for sale. Price isn't listed.
https://www.labx.com/product/dionex-chromeleon-68
Hi AnionMan,

Thanks for the reply.
I actually found that link to the flash drive before posting this thread. I contacted LabX and the seller (Conquer Scientific) about it, but haven't heard back. Everyone I've talked to all seemed to say the same thing: that Chromeleon 6.8 and our old Dionex IC system are so outdated that repairing it may not be worth the trouble or $$.

I'll keep trying to hunt down the old software but it's starting to look like we will need to consider other options (i.e new/used system). Woof!
3 posts Page 1 of 1