Instrument Recommendation for Ion Chromatography

Discussions about IC and related topics

3 posts Page 1 of 1
What would be the ion chromatography instrument equivalent to a the agilent lc 1100 or gc 5890. By equivalent I mean in regards to reliability, availability of parts, robustness, etc. Looking for a workhorse, that can handle sulphate, phosphate, chloride in wine, and also environmental methods for water.
We have been using the Metrohm ICs. Haven't had one wear out in less than 10 years, and most of the parts you can change yourself. I also like the software better than the Dionex which is the other major IC manufacturer, plus version upgrades for it are much cheaper.

Ours run pretty much non stop all week. We let them shut down over the weekend and do routine maintenance of changing filters on Monday morning then run another week.
The past is there to guide us into the future, not to dwell in.
The Dionex instruments are fantastic instruments. We have had one for over 15 years. However the cost of consumables and the inevitable software upgrades would make it difficult for me to recommend them over Metrohm.
Kevin.
3 posts Page 1 of 1