Instrument Pump Won't Turn On

Discussions about IC and related topics

2 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi Everyone,

I'm reaching out for help because I can't seem to get my pump to turn on.

Instrument: Dionex Integrion HPIC (S/N 19100751)
Column Compartment: Dionex UltiMate 3000
Suppressor: Dionex ACRS - ICE 500 4mm
Software: Chromeleon

I recently had to transfer all of my parts from an older IC into this newer system (listed above). After all of the parts were transferred (suppressor, column and guard, eleuent/regenerant containers, etc.), I noticed that I was unable to turn on my system from the module page.

The system doesn't turn on at all, yet I am getting regenerant/eluent flow through the system from the gas source so there has to be some sort of pressure in the system. I can't prime the system, I can't turn the system module on, and I can't get a PSI reading. However, I can heat the column.

This system does have a shut off valve, that I read stops the eluent flow when the system is off.

Does anyone have any suggestions on where to start?

I don't have any leaks, and I can't tell if there are any plugs because I can't even get the system to turn on.

** I would like to use the old IC system as a backup but the run keeps terminating giving me the message: "Run terminated, system paralyzed (dead loop". So has anyone received this message before?

Thanks in advance!

Here's a link to the newer system I am currently trying to run on:

https://info1.thermoscientific.com/inte ... ge=explore
I hope the OP has figured it out by now. Sometimes with the ICS-2100 the piston pops off the pump and there will be no flow. Another time a gasket came loose and there was no flow.
2 posts Page 1 of 1