High Pressure Reading even with Zero flow?!?!

Discussions about IC and related topics

5 posts Page 1 of 1
Why would the IC system show high pressure reading (~1000 psi) even when there is 0 flow rate??

We're running an old Dionex ICS-2000 for anions, water eluent, KOH EGC, AG 11 guard, AS11 column. Noticed high pressure errors last week and today the system will not run at all due to high pressure hardware errors and shutting down even at low flow rates.

Today I came into the lab to troubleshoot and noticed that both the instrument panel and the Chromeleon program we use to schedule samples reads high pressure ~1000 psi even with there is zero flow. I have tried disconnecting lines to see where the backpressure is coming from but nothing ever changes the reading.

Any ideas are helpful!
Hi there,
I wonder if it is a pressure sensor that is not working correctly or calibrated wrong. I know at one point we had incorrect pressure readings but nothing as extreme as that.
Failing that does priming the pump help at all.

Also have a look in the ics2000 manual for a few pointers.
Kevin
When i prime it does seem to flow but seems slower than normal.
The manual says the pressure transducer is what reads the back pressure but says nothing of how to service it. I’m wondering if it’s possible to replace it.
If you have this pressure transduer you can replace it or you may buy this one.
we faced the same issue after installing the new pressure transduer sytem will work fine.
for purchasing you may contact to Thermo. Though they will try to take AMC or CMC for this equipment but if you want they will provide the offer for the pressure transduer.
this pressure transducer will cost approx. 300 - 350 USD based on your capability.
Also please check your pump piston which may stuck due to airlock.
If you power cycle the system with the purge valve open you might revive it For awhile
But your pressure transducer needs to be replaced and calibrated
5 posts Page 1 of 1