Ethanolamine in sample

Discussions about IC and related topics

2 posts Page 1 of 1
Dear Sir or madam

Can ethanolamine in sample influece determination Acetates and Formates?
I use Metrohm 930 IC flex with chemical suppresion and sample preconcentration.
I figured, when I mesure sample in Dionex IC 2500 (without preconcetrator, I use 2ml sample loop) and when I same sample mesure in Metrohm 930 IC flex so between results are big deviation.
Deviation is only between Acetates and Formates, other anions are without deviation. I provide determination in ppb range.

Thank
* Sorry for my english I´m beginner
Dear SamSamson

I do not know any possible effect of ethanolamines to the analysis of format or acetate.
I also cannot see any reason for different results for these two ions on different IC systems.

If you send me sample and calibration determinations from MagIC Net I will have a look to the chromatograms.
(e-mail: markus.laeubli@metrohm.com).
Dr. Markus Laeubli
Manager Marketing Support IC
(retired)
Metrohm AG
9101 Herisau
Switzerland
2 posts Page 1 of 1