Acquity Organizer Z-axis error, Anyone solved one?

Discussions about HPLC, CE, TLC, SFC, and other "liquid phase" separation techniques.

5 posts Page 1 of 1
We have an Acquity system with a TQD, 1+ year old and suddenly we are getting this:
"Organizer Z-axis error. Could not complete move to lower sample manager port"
Interactive control of the organizer is fine, sensors reactive and adjusted. When the Sample Manager initializes, we get the error.
It was preceded by several errors, some perhaps human generated. Operator is a little unclear on sequence...
Some of all of these:
Organizer Configuration Modification
Shelf Numbers not Consecutive
Organizer Communication Failure
Organizer Failure

Eventually followed by the very reliable:
Organizer Z-axis error. Could not complete move to lower sample manager port

Apparently, our symptoms don't match what is in the reference documentation...
and a software reload didn't do much.
Any other experience with this?

Thanks,
Russ
Hi,

Do you have the apporpiate firmware loaded on the SM? Can you confirm what firmware is loaded and what you loaded during your firmware re-load.
Do you have a service contract with Waters? Have encountered an error like this and it was the firmware for the SM and it needed to be upgraded.

Regards,
Bull76
I had a similar problem, although I´m not using an Organizer.

The sample manager didnt want to inject due to some error with the Z-axis. When I checked the configuration for the needle, it appared that the configuration was lost. I re-set the configuration for the needle and saved the X,Y,Z parameters.
When I tried to inject again, the needle moved to the plate and the same error appared again...."something with the Z-axis"....The configuration figures were lost again.

I contacted Waters, a technician came by and found out that the "printed circuit card" for the needle was broken. Perhaps you have the same problem? Try and check if you still have the configuration figures for the Z-axis of the Organizer when trying to move a plate etc.
ı have uplc-h class waters in my lab. ı thınk the neddle was bending. the cause thıs faılure wrong plate choosing. our plate is ansı 48, 2 ml holder. you select the right plate. After the needle changed, you wıll perform the z axıs rotatıon calibration and chracterize needle.

good luck.
Sorry about the delay in the followup! The root cause was the fiber optics in the IGUS chain, shelf scanning became unreliable.
The software upgrade (1.50) caused other problems with the column mananger, which didn't get resolved until we rolled back to 1.40.
All is good!
5 posts Page 1 of 1