HP 5971 Ramping Source

Discussions about GC-MS, LC-MS, LC-FTIR, and other "coupled" analytical techniques.

17 posts Page 2 of 2
Can you confirm that you fitted p/n G3170-20530 to your 5971?

Even after my new EM settling down, I'm still getting kind of wonky ramps the I wasn't totally happy with the condition of the two-piece insulator the last time I had it apart.

BTW, I agree on the one piece being a pain. All of our 5975s at work shipped with them, so I've worked with them a decent amount. They do hold the lenses securely, though.
yes I have it installed it looks like this one....https://www.chromtech.com/g3170-20530-lens-insulator597x-msd.

I am getting decent tunes now but voltages between 1776 and 1876. So my multiplier may be close to EOL.

I upgraded the Win95 to Win98 (what a pain that was finding a working floppy drive and disk) and my memory leak problem is gone. I get pretty smooth lens ramp curves now that I have once more disassembled the source and cleaned it.

If I use maxtune, the 69 entrance lens ramp actually curves back down but for atune and stune it does not.
17 posts Page 2 of 2