Setting Up Agilent 6460 QQQ Quadruple LC/MS/MS

Discussions about GC-MS, LC-MS, LC-FTIR, and other "coupled" analytical techniques.

4 posts Page 1 of 1
I just started an internship at a company that tasked me with setting up an Agilent 6460, but unfortunately all of the manuals to get everything connected and up and running were misplaced during shut down. I was able to figure out most of the power supply and pump connections from some manuals I found online, but am having trouble with receiving any signal from either of the components. From what I've been told, this machine was up and running at a different facility so all of the MassHunter software should already be downloaded. If someone has experience with this software and can walk me through the necessary connections to see if I did everything correctly (which I likely didn't) so I can get this up and running I would greatly appreciate it.
Get in contact with Agilent. I don't think this is something that can be done over a forum.
I'm sure it can be done, if you have enough time. Search online for a document named "Agilent 6400 Series Triple Quadrupole LC/MS System Installation Guide". Newest version I found is of February 2017, document number G3335-90233
Normally the connection to the computer is through ethernet, have you gotten the MassHunter software to see the instrument? You first need to run the Configuration software to set all the necessary IP addresses then load MassHunter. Getting them to talk will be half the battle.

And if you are running the Mass spec and HPLC, you will need an ethernet hub to get all three pieces connected and talking.
The past is there to guide us into the future, not to dwell in.
4 posts Page 1 of 1