NIST11 compound search ?

Discussions about GC-MS, LC-MS, LC-FTIR, and other "coupled" analytical techniques.

6 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi,
I am using a 5973 MSD that has a NIST11 database installed. I was wondering if I could carry out a search on the NIST11 database to see if it has a specific compound in it before I carry out sample analysis. as far as I can tell the Nist11 database is only available in the Agilent compatible format.
I am using MSD Chemstation vs E.02.02.1431

Thanks,
Chemiger
99 problems and chromatography is every one !
Chemiger wrote:
Hi,
I am using a 5973 MSD that has a NIST11 database installed. I was wondering if I could carry out a search on the NIST11 database to see if it has a specific compound in it before I carry out sample analysis. as far as I can tell the Nist11 database is only available in the Agilent compatible format.

Thanks,
Chemiger

Hello If you want, you can send me your Chromatogram and I can do the analysis with AMDIS and others libraries.

Send me email to henry_lp04@hotmail.com
Hi Chemiger,
It has been a while since I used MSD Chemstation as we moved to MassHunter but the versions of MSD Chemstation I used had a feature in the data analysis called parametric retrieval which allowed you to search through the Agilent libraries for user specified compounds. You could even search based on CAS number.
Take a look to see if the feature is still there.
I found a previous post in this forum about this which could help

posting.php?mode=reply&f=4&t=31381

Kevin.
Henrylozano wrote:
Chemiger wrote:
Hi,

Thanks,
Chemiger

Hello If you want, you can send me your Chromatogram and I can do the analysis with AMDIS and others libraries.

Send me email to henry_lp04@hotmail.com

Thank you for the offer Henry. I will have to pass on this due to confidentiality reasons.

Chemiger
soccerdad007 wrote:
Hi Chemiger,
It has been a while since I used MSD Chemstation as we moved to MassHunter but the versions of MSD Chemstation I used had a feature in the data analysis called parametric retrieval which allowed you to search through the Agilent libraries for user specified compounds. You could even search based on CAS number.
Take a look to see if the feature is still there.
I found a previous post in this forum about this which could help

https://www.chromforum.org/posting.php? ... =4&t=31381

Kevin.

Hi Kevin,
Thanks for the advice I will look at that today.

Chemiger
We used parametric retrieval a fair amount.
6 posts Page 1 of 1