Finnigan mat lcq restoring

Discussions about GC-MS, LC-MS, LC-FTIR, and other "coupled" analytical techniques.

6 posts Page 1 of 1
Dear friends,

I'm Adriano , from Italy and I have in the lab an old and unused for years, mass spectrometer Finnigan Mat lcq. It should be the model depicted in this picture http://i.ebayimg.com/images/a/(KGrHqZ,! ... s-l500.jpg
I have the pc, same age and it works fine, also it is able to connect to the mass, but...well, I don't have the softwere to control it, and I'm looking for it. It seems that not all version of Xcalibur works, but only the oldest, it should be 1.2 version but I'm not sure. I've the version 1.3 for lcq advantage and it give back an error of wrong software version. Indeed in the xcalibur configuration there is not the possibility to choose the finnigan mat lcq MS. So I'd really appreciate if someone could help me in this restoration mission and give me the software, sale it, make a copy, any solution will be appreciated.
best regards,
Adriano
Hi,

I believe I have the software but will not be able to verify for about a week or two due to personal time off.. I will also be able to support trying to reestablish functionality of the MS.. Either slowly and painfully with messaging back and forth or if at all possible via a remote session..

If I don't get back within two weeks post again as I most likely forgot..
Kind regards
Leadazide
Hi,

I have looked through my stash and found an LCQ 1.3 which should work for this system.. The LCQ advatage is a different version of MS and therefore the error when running this version..

The drivers are about 8 Mb... How your you like them?
Kind regards

Leadazide
Hi,

I have looked through my stash and found an LCQ 1.3 which should work for this system.. The LCQ advatage is a different version of MS and therefore the error when running this version..

The drivers are about 8 Mb... How would you like them?
Kind regards

Leadazide
Heya @leadazide, do you still have those drivers? I'm finding it impossible to find them anywhere.
I have an LCQ Advantage, and Xcalibur 1.3. The hardware architecture is different than the LCQ Classic (MAT), but similar to the LCQ Duo. Xcalibur 1.2 probably has the required drivers.
6 posts Page 1 of 1