Looking for MSD Chemstation A for 5971

Discussions about GC-MS, LC-MS, LC-FTIR, and other "coupled" analytical techniques.

3 posts Page 1 of 1
I've exhausted all my "usual" sources on this, and am wondering if anyone has a lead on where a copy might turn up(aside from waiting patiently on Ebay).

I'm dealing with a 5890/5971 now that seems to have been "sabotaged" by the last person who had it under service contract. It has not been used in two years, and when I went to set it up in a new home, the computer was missing its hard drive.

Of course, a new hard drive is no problem, but I seem to be up a creek on finding a copy of the software. If I read the compatibility charts correctly, I can't use anything newer than Version A with a 5971.

Does anyone have any idea of where one might find a copy of the software? Within reason, cost isn't too much of a consideration-it's cheaper than a new GC-MS!
Ben - I can supply replacement media on CD for G1034C (what we used with Windows 3.x and 5890 and 5971). We later updated Windows for that 5890/5971; I also have G1701AA, can't remember if that's the version we moved to on that or not.

I have your E-mail address still, will E-mail a zipped version of G1034C to try, see if you can unzip that and make a CD to load up.

https://www.agilent.com/cs/library/supp ... a05166.pdf
Thanks-if you don't mind sharing it's certainly worth a shot!

lbhutc01 AT louisville.edu (replace the AT and spaces with @)
3 posts Page 1 of 1