Ammonium Formate as mobile phase in LCMSMS

Discussions about GC-MS, LC-MS, LC-FTIR, and other "coupled" analytical techniques.

3 posts Page 1 of 1
I am trying out a new method called EPA 1694. I wanted to test for acetaminophen in water hence I had to prepare the buffer solution as mobile phase for the LCMSMS.

Ammonium formate is used as part of the buffer solution for mobile phase. Upon running a search on the internet, I found out there are many different kinds of ammonium formate, which includes ammonium formate specifically for mass spectrometry.

Hence I will like to enquire if am I able to use normal reagent grade ammonium formate for this test or must I use mass spectro specific ammonium formate?

Thanks in advance to anyone who have the answer to my question.
Because you are using an MS detector you must use the MS grade of Ammonium Formate. Ammonium Formate (technical grade) has a lot of impurities.
Thank you @hplc chemist.
3 posts Page 1 of 1