Bruker Scion

Discussions about GC-MS, LC-MS, LC-FTIR, and other "coupled" analytical techniques.

11 posts Page 1 of 1
Somebody has some news about the new triple quad that bruker is going to launch??
Now launched :)
Also www.globalfoodtesting.com
CE Insruments...:))))
Scion is nice in terms of external size and maybe price, but both Thermo and Agilent will laugh for a week in front of Bruker statement 'Ultra high Sensitivity'..:))
Just a couple of examples from Bruker Application note:

- Application Note # CA 281751: the SRM signals at 0.1 ppb of HCB, Lindane and Trifluralin are taken as an example. It's well known that these compounds are the more sensitive in a pesticide multiresidue, so why not to show critical pesticides as Iprodion, Acephate, Deltamethrin, etc.. Peak Area of these compounds are extremely low if compared to the amount...and you are injecting 2 ul!!!! Again, how is it possible that SN ratio is similar or bigger than peak area?? It's really funny!!!

-Application Note # CA 281752: how can an istrument be defined as 'ultra high sensitive' when 1 pg OFN in SRM mode has a peak area around 2000 (see figure 1 Scan time vs peak area)?!? Consider than a TSQ Quantum XLS has a peak area of 6000 with 0.1 pg OFN (and a SN better than 2500:1)

Tell Meredith to put attention to what is published, because both competition and expert customer will discover it!!
hermo71,

Seems you are really from Thermo.

IMHO, the default way Thermo Xcalibur calculates its S/N is the funniest one: even when the peak is buried in the noise, you still get three digit S/N.
No, I'm not from Thermo...but I have three TSQ Quantum XLS. I know the performance of this instrument for a lot of compound classes (pesticides, PAH, PCB, etc..) in different matrix (food, soil, plasma, etc..)
I have also an Agilent 7000b working fine and two DFS. I had a Varian triple quad GC (sent immediately back)...
So, I'm enough expert in GCMS to say that Bruker GCMSMS is still far away. By the way Bruker sales rep has already proposed me a demo...we'll see..:))
No, I'm not from Thermo...
That statement would be *much* easier to believe if his email address were not at "thermofisher.com". That's a violation of Forum policy; we encourage vendor posts, so long as their affiliation is clear. He has been banned.
-- Tom Jupille
LC Resources / Separation Science Associates
tjupille@lcresources.com
+ 1 (925) 297-5374
We want to purchase a single quad GC-MS. Is anybody using the Bruker Scion? I would like to know how it is performing. Thanks!
hermo71, I am From Chile, I have a TSQQuantumxls and have problems when do the tune. It show me the message "INSUFFIENCIENT SIGNAL, OPENING RESOLUTION FURTHER". The message are for both Q1 and Q3.

I cleaned the source and loaded new PFTBA. However the problems persist. Then I carry out a Diagnostic test, all component passed it.

I called to technical support in my country. They suggest that source is dirty.

I will be very gratefully if you send me any suggestion for this problem

Thanks
We bought Scion GCMS for Toxicology analysis, it’s good and sensitive, software is user friendly.

Contacted representative for expansion and spare parts, they ignored us, after many calls and emails we got double price for GCMS and expensive spare parts.

No proper communication with them, customer will be the weakest point and will be missed between Scion or Techcomp or Regional office.
Don’t expect any after sales service at all, don’t contact the management or manufacturer will get nothing.
Only point they will run after you at the beginning then will leave you alone, we are requesting buyback offer from other companies after we fed up with them.
jeb wrote:
We want to purchase a single quad GC-MS. Is anybody using the Bruker Scion? I would like to know how it is performing. Thanks!

We bought already very good system, sensitive and stable, but very bad representative from regional office up to factory, will be missed between Scion, Techcomp, Regional office.
Must depend in your self for any software/hardware issues.
11 posts Page 1 of 1