Low singal on TSQ Vantage

Discussions about GC-MS, LC-MS, LC-FTIR, and other "coupled" analytical techniques.

2 posts Page 1 of 1
Hello everyone,
I am learning how to use TSQ Vantage system. I tried to perform my first tuning and calibration today using new polytyrosine calibration solution delivered by Thermo and the manual that i followed step by step. I performed direct infusion. The intensity of the obtained signal for the mass 508.208 was on the level of 10^2 while it should be at least 10^6. There was no leak. Changing the ion source parameters such as capillary voltage or sheath gas didn't improve the signal significantly. The tubing and the syringe were clean and not clogged. The instrument was visited by a technician of Thermo three months ago because of the lack of signal. The technician replaced the transfer tube and cleaned the source during this visit. The instrument was controlled few days later and it worked without any problems. From this time, the instrument stood unused until yesterday when I run it.

Do you you have any suggestion what could be the reason of the low signal?
Make sure your temperature on the probe is off or set to 50 C.

Also.. What is your forepump pressure at? If it is low your capillary is blocked and should be cleaned / replaced.

What happens if you switch into neg mode for about 10 min than back to positive? Does that restore signal intensity? If so there is charging and a clean of the system is needed.

Also you should on a Vantage get 1e8 intensity on Poly-t.. 1e6 there is something wrong..

Keep us posted!
Kind regards
Leadazide
2 posts Page 1 of 1