detector range 5973 vs 5975

Discussions about GC-MS, LC-MS, LC-FTIR, and other "coupled" analytical techniques.

4 posts Page 1 of 1
Just a quick question. On my 5973 I am trying to fix I notice the detector maxes out about 5-10E6 counts. On my 5975 the detector maxes out at 3.5E7 counts. Is that normal?
They each came in several flavors and with different software so I would expect different clipping thresholds.
I have had E^7 counts before on 5973's so could be software/firmware versions or possibly EM volt settings, the higher you have to run the EM volts the less linear dynamic range you will have.

I like to try an keep my normal calibration range at a max peak height in the 1 million range just so when I have high junk in the background I still have good peaks for the targets without far of clipping right when a target elutes.
The past is there to guide us into the future, not to dwell in.
Yea I'm running it a lot this week and the sensitivity seems pretty similar to my 5975 which has a very old (OEM 12 years) detector that runs at 1900ev. The difference in scale kind of threw me off while I was diagnosing it but reviewing old data that is normal for that instrument.
4 posts Page 1 of 1