Agilent 7000 Collision Cell RF Error

Discussions about GC-MS, LC-MS, LC-FTIR, and other "coupled" analytical techniques.

4 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi all,
My GC-MS instrument (Agilent 7000) shows the following error at 20-40 minutes after beginning run:

"QQQ Fault Detected: 3.12 Collision Cell RF Driver Cannot Maintain the Request RF Peak Voltage"

then no data are saved. Before appearing this error, data are saved without problem.

The instrument is tuned well and every other things are seems to be OK.

Any idea?
Have you power cycled the instrument? I have had some errors on a 7000 that happen and the only way to correct them is to shut down completely and reboot. It seems that clearing the memory on the system will flush out some bad data that causes errors.

If that doesn't fix the error then it could be in the board that powers the RF for the collision cell.
The past is there to guide us into the future, not to dwell in.
Hi M. John

Did you ever find a solution to this error? I have the exact same symptoms. I've heard four different possible culprits from Agilent Tech Support (Collision Cell replacement, PCA Collision Cell Driver, TQ Collision Cell PCA, PCA, Main, GCMS/LCMS). Would love to hear what your solution was.

Thanks,
Ethan
Thanks Jame and Ethan.

The instrument was rebooted several times but the problem is still there.

After several rebooting, the MSD now gets data until 30-32 min !!! and so we modified our analysis method to finish before 29 min (It was already shut down in less than 20 minutes).

I think we should continue this way; Due to some legal issues we can not use the Agilent company's services until further notice.

I heard from someone that MSD firmware may have been corrupted and should be reinstalled. but we could not find any firmware for Agilent 7000.

Dear Ethan, I hope hear good news from you.
4 posts Page 1 of 1