0 Abundances for Ions 69, 219 and 502

Discussions about GC-MS, LC-MS, LC-FTIR, and other "coupled" analytical techniques.

4 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi I just clean the MS source, changed the Linner, Septum and ferrules and put the System back together but when I'm running an autotune I can't see any of my calibrant Ions (69,219 and 502).
Does anyone has any recommendations? Thank you
Lumi Moraru
Analytical Chemist
MET
What instrument are you using? That will help us diagnose the problem.

The inlet and column should have no effect on the tune, so it has to be inside the MS.

If it is an Agilent MS, then you need to make sure all of the lens connectors are tight and on the proper lenses. Switching the Entrance Lens and Ion Focus wires can cause such a problem.
The past is there to guide us into the future, not to dwell in.
Hi James, thank you
We have an GC/MS- HP 6890 series with a 5973 Network Mass Selective Detector
Apparently the column was too long out of the transfer line end, more than 1 mm.
Thank you
The filament is OK? If your instrument have 2 filament, is selected the correct filament?
Francesc

Sorry for my english
4 posts Page 1 of 1