Unicam 929 AAS

Discussions about GC-MS, LC-MS, LC-FTIR, and other "coupled" analytical techniques.

2 posts Page 1 of 1
The problem is:

When working with AIR/C2H2 flame, everything is O.K. but if I try to run N2o/C2H2 flame, flame is unstable, vrery high (higher than instrument chimney) and produce3 no straight torch.

I am shure, that burning head is correct, as if I use incorrect one, instrument do not allow to burn N2O/C2H2 flame.

I suppose the problem is with gas flows, but manuals for instrument are missed, so I do not know, what flows are correct.

Will be pleased for suggestions.

Denis

You can try to find the ratio between C2H2 and N2O by the way to write the ox-red equation and caculate the amount of each gaz. To transform mol to flow you can assimilate the 2 gaz as "perfect gaz" and use the formula p V = n R T.
2 posts Page 1 of 1