Embedded PC not boot Waters Xevo TQ-S

Discussions about GC-MS, LC-MS, LC-FTIR, and other "coupled" analytical techniques.

6 posts Page 1 of 1
Yesterday, I could not switch on API gas on Waters Xevo TQ-S instrument. So I restarted the software and PC. After restarting I still couldn't switch on the gas so I reboot the connection with the MS on one of the Masslynx menu. The status show rebooting the instrument for a long time so I left it overnight. In the morning I came back it still show rebooting so I restart Masslynx now Masslynx does not detect the MS anymore. UPLC and autosampler are still connected and ready.

I reboot embedded PC by reseting the MS many times. No alarm/beep sound that tell me the embedded PC is booted. I switch off all the instruments (MS, UPLC, and autosampler) restart the PC but it still doesn't work.

Please help. I can't reach Waters tech support at this time.
I assume you've tried the standard procedure of logging off from MassLynx, close Windows, and inserting something (short piece of Peek tubing) into the reset button hole on the fluidics section, just below and to the right of the main on/off switch (open the door with the "TQ-S" logo that covers the fluidics valves to see this) - wait for reboot (takes 5 min and ends with that very faint beep) then restart MassLynx (if you restart early, it won't find the instrument).

Next step: if a normal reboot fails, you can go round the back of the instrument and find two small switches to the right of the exhaust. The top one is labelled "override" and the one underneath is labelled "Electronics on" or something like that. The aim is to turn the power off to the internal electronics (this is what the bottom switch does) but if you do it naively, then the electronics will also turn the vacuum pumps off. Instead, first put the upper switch into the "override" position (I think normal is up and override is down. Before you start, it will undoubtedly be in the normal position). Then, with this switch in over-ride position, use the other switch to turn off the electronics. Wait a few seconds, and turn back on. The system will now reboot if it possibly can. If it can't, you're definitely going to need Waters' support. Don't forget, when it all works, to put the override switch back into the normal position - otherwise Intellistart will give you strange messages.
And after you have done the procedure described by lmh, check in the DHCP if the TQ-S normally appears as connected.
Thank you much. I will follow the steps as suggested.
Did this work for you? We are having the same problem and the suggestions above didn't work for us. The computer still can't connect to the MS.

Any help would be appreciated!
eblab wrote:
Did this work for you? We are having the same problem and the suggestions above didn't work for us. The computer still can't connect to the MS.

Any help would be appreciated!

If that doesn't help, you need to get in contact with Waters. Their ticket service works well, you should be able to get someone on the phone the same day.
6 posts Page 1 of 1