Maintenance of LCQ Duo ion trap after long downtime

Discussions about GC-MS, LC-MS, LC-FTIR, and other "coupled" analytical techniques.

2 posts Page 1 of 1
Hello everyone,

I wanted to put our Finnigan LCQ Duo back into operation after a hiatus of around four years. What do I have to keep in mind after this long timeoff? I thought about
cleaning the mass analyzer
changing the oil of the turbomolecular pump and rotary vane pump
and clean the fan filter.

What else would you do ahead of switching it on?

Thanks in advance
Without a doubt the rough pump will need new oil.
The TMP (as far as I recall) does not have a oil cartridge and should just spin up.. but if this is one of the versions that do.. yes, replace this also.

I would not start cleaning the analyzer.. Do a visual inspection and if everything in the manifold looks nice and shiny let it be.. It there are visible dust or signs of contamination clean it.

Possibly clean/replace the inlet capillary.
Kind regards
Leadazide
2 posts Page 1 of 1