New Agilent Ultivo LC/MS/MS

Discussions about GC-MS, LC-MS, LC-FTIR, and other "coupled" analytical techniques.

10 posts Page 1 of 1
I just started seeing this one mentioned. Has any one seen one first hand or possibly used one? It is the new LC/QQQ that has the same footprint as the rest of the Agilent 1200 series modules, just a little deeper than the pumps and autosampler.

Wondering how it compares to a Sciex 3200 or 4000 sensitivity wise?
The past is there to guide us into the future, not to dwell in.
I saw one (or at least a mock up of one ) at ASMS this year. Looks really slick. Inlet capillary can be changed without venting the instrument which is incredibly convenient. Sensitivity is apparently comparable to a low end "regular" triple quad ( Agilent 6420 ? )
Does anybody know the amount of $$$ one have to find to get one? I am yet to be convinced that it is a serious mass spec. (and not just a fancy LC-detector), but if price is right (which means reasonably low, i.e. unlikely) it would be nifty to have. 8)
I am hearing around $340k for full system with pumps and autosampler.
Sensitivity is comparable to mid range QqQ 6460.. But instead of showing reserpine signal to noise which really doesn't say anything real about the MS it is now demonstrated with Instrument Detection Limit.

I have yet to see one in real life but I am dying to start working on these beauties! I am blown away that it is possible to pack a full triple quad into such a confined space!
Kind regards
Leadazide
Full specs are very interesting (sensitivity, mass stability and accuracy, mass range, resolution, dynamic range; usually small size = "small" specs).

Interesting commercial mini-MS from Gilson: http://www.analiticaweb.com.br/download ... gilson.pdf
Just got the slide show from the sales rep. Really neat new tech in these things. I think the collision cell is a 10 or 12 pole unit that has twisted rods so it can be about half the normal length. Quads have more of a hyperbolic shape to make them more efficient with shorter lengths too. Something they changed also allows for dropping the use of RF so only DC is needed.

It was a quick flip through so I didn't catch all of it but I will be getting more info soon I hope. I do know it is a quite unique approach to doing MS versus what was being used in the past.
James_Ball wrote:
Something they changed also allows for dropping the use of RF so only DC is needed.
Are you mean transfer optics only?
James_Ball wrote:
It was a quick flip through so I didn't catch all of it but I will be getting more info soon I hope.
If you get full specs post it here, please.
http://www.agilent.com/cs/library/poste ... tation.pdf

This is part of the slideshow I saw earlier. Some other information is also posted there on the Agilent site.
10 posts Page 1 of 1