Charcoal Stripped Urine for catecholamines

Discussions about GC-MS, LC-MS, LC-FTIR, and other "coupled" analytical techniques.

2 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi All,

I'm trying to set up an assay for Catecholamines & metanephrines on a Qtrap 5500.
I'm trying to source some charcoal stripped urine, would anyone have a place they would recommend?
Also if anyone has set up this assay before I'd really appreciate any tips & tricks or things to take into account :-)

Regards

Neil
You Can make your kan stripper urine .you can big dextran Coated charcoal at sigma. It is a very easy job to strip the urine. But do you think the stripped urine will be free of cathacholamines and metanephrines? They are very polar compounds witch i dont think will be removed by norit. My aproche when i developed an metenephrine essay was:
The urinesample was dilluted 100 time before injection so it is just a liter bit dirty water.
String development i made callibrators in water and made callibrators in urine nu Standard action.
I compared curve steepnes and internal standard signal.
Since both were the same i concluded that the calibration was not influenced by the extreme smalle amount of matrix.
I now make my callibrators in water.
2 posts Page 1 of 1