I can´t use the NIST library in AMDIS

Discussions about GC-MS, LC-MS, LC-FTIR, and other "coupled" analytical techniques.

3 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi everybody!
I need to use the library NIST 08 with AMDIS software (v. 2.66), but when I have to choose the target library, I can´t find the files with extension *.MSL or *.MSP. How do I get these files? I have already installed the software and the library.
Thanks in advance! :)
For its own internal deconvolution and target identifiction, AMDIS uses its own special MSL and CSL libraries and not the NIST. You can either make your own (as explained in the manual) or purchase them. As far as I know, the only commercially available one are those from Fiehn lab.
Do you just want to search NIST ? then clicked on the menu item Analyze, Search NIST Library, etc

If you want to create a target library with only your test chemicals (assuming they are all in NIST)
Load your test mixture file, clicked on the menu item Analyze, Search NIST Library, etc
This will find your test chemicals, then using the library menu, build one library, select files button,
and click on Create New Library, make a name eg xyz.MSL,
then click on "add all", choose only identified components
you then have to edit all the names though.

Alex
3 posts Page 1 of 1