GC/MS "-310 [Run] error"

Discussions about GC-MS, LC-MS, LC-FTIR, and other "coupled" analytical techniques.

7 posts Page 1 of 1
Hello to everyone,

I am running a 7890A GC in connection with a 5975C MSD and i have a problem. Every time I try to run a sequence, right after the solvent delay, I see this indication: ''-310[RUN]error waiting 130000000 usec to use resource ACQH:S_objLib_OBJ_Timeout -310[RUN]error locking acquisition up date Holdoff resource''

That error first time appeared when I tried to run a sequence in SIM mode. Can that be the reason??? Maybe some of the settings are incorrect???

From the after sales of Agilent they told me to reboot the MS and when I did it I tried to run a sequence with only the solvent and appeared the indication ''-310[RUN]:AEcommand/query(0x14)status=0x14000002''

Also the data analysis software does not show any of those sequences, it just says that the specific data ''has no raw data files''

What can I do??? Has anyone encountered the same problem??

Please help..!!!
I had a similar problem a few years ago. In that case the restart worked for us. I shut everything down and restarted, including the PC, GC, and the router. I would be sure everything else has booted up before starting the data system.

When we had this problem it did not matter if we used SIM or full scan; we got that odd error message for a week or so until I restarted the whole smear.
Yama001 wrote:
I had a similar problem a few years ago. In that case the restart worked for us. I shut everything down and restarted, including the PC, GC, and the router. I would be sure everything else has booted up before starting the data system.

When we had this problem it did not matter if we used SIM or full scan; we got that odd error message for a week or so until I restarted the whole smear.

Thank you very much, that was the solution! :D
Glad to hear it worked out. Agilent had almost convinced us to spend ~$10,000 on an electronics upgrade before I snuck in and restarted it all :wink:
I am getting the same error even after restarting. Checking the error message via vacuum control/ error codes is pretty uninformative:

Difficulty with HED supply
Difficulty with mass filter electronics
Difficulty with the fan
Difficulty with the high vacuum pump
The system is in vent state (high vacuum pump is off)

Which is more or less the same as saying 'it could be anything on the MSD'.
Incidentally, all of these seem to be fine.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Simon
Did you reset the router between the instrument and computer? Sometimes a small power flicker will cause those to not send all the information between the components or will scramble just enough to give errors. We had one this week that did it, just a small low voltage on the line locked it up completely and it was reporting that the rough pump pressure was above 320mtorr but the instrument was showing it at 28mtorr, but it would not work until we power cycled everything.

If power cycling still doesn't fix it, check the fan the is just below the source electronics that blows upwards from the main electronics bay, if it is not running up to speed it will cause similar errors.
The past is there to guide us into the future, not to dwell in.
Thanks for the suggestions, I have tried power cycling everything with no luck. What is the best way of testing the fan? I have just taken the top panel off and fan seems to be running OK, but whether it is at full speed or not is another question.

Best wishes,

Simon
7 posts Page 1 of 1