CP 3800 VARIAN GC DISCONNECTION

Discussions about GC-MS, LC-MS, LC-FTIR, and other "coupled" analytical techniques.

8 posts Page 1 of 1
Hello.

I'm having a trouble with my GC; it cannot do continuous (multiple) analysis.
Once a single chromatographic run is completed, the GC stabilize and go to "not ready"
status, while from the workstation (PC) screen the module (GC) says it is "ready" and disconnect
as soon as you try to run another analysis. But if you turn the GC off and on again, it works fine for that single analysis.
So you have to keep turning it OFF & ON for every single run.

Please advice.

Kuziwa. A.K
I would try another PC if you can, or failing that it might the communication board on the GC itself.
Bruker (and Varian) Engineer happy to give advice on GC, GCMS and LCMS products.
I suggest you to check the instrument configuration in workstation. The 3800 icon should be placed into the rectangle.
Thank guys, let me try that.
A different, but similar situation we've had is when the Not Ready, Ready and Run light are all illuminated simultaneously, very pretty, but not very useful. The solution we've found is to get the GC up before booting the Workstation PC up. It may help with your problem.
Thanks Andy, but it is still disconnecting after the run.
Any other idea, please?
Hi everyone,

We have a Varian 3800 GC. When turned ON, the fans turn ON. However there is no communication with the software and the LCD display shows a broad horizontal line on it. Nothing else comes up on the display. It's looks like it is not a power supply issue as the 5V LED light on the main board comes up.
We are thinking both the LCD display unit and the COM board need replacement. Any thoughts you might have are appreciated. Really on a time crunch here. Please do help!

P.S.: Trying to wrap up an important project and also get my degree! The instrument is the heart! If you are able to provide some assistance over a call even better.
Please check for any CR2032 cells, especially on the mainboard.

They might be empty, corrupting the NVRAM contents.

Exchange those and restart.
8 posts Page 1 of 1