Acquire a sample with Analyst 1.4.1

Discussions about GC-MS, LC-MS, LC-FTIR, and other "coupled" analytical techniques.

8 posts Page 1 of 1
I am using Analyst 1.4.1 software with Agilent 1100 system and Applied Biosystems API 2000 MS. I went through the Analyst manual and got up to Submit. Then I went to sample queue, equilibrate and then selected Start Sample. However, the status of the sample is still at Waiting. It won't change to Acquiring. All my hardware icons are green, but nothing is happening. How do I get this to acquire my samples?
Hi dear,

Did you manage to solve the problem?? Sometimes, if you have send previously a sample and then deleted the computer have not deleted the time of the analsysi of this sample and this is the reason by is waiting. Check if the time expected to analyse the sample corresponde to the actual time....Hope this helps,

Carol
Is this a system you have previously gotten working or is this a new setup?

http://www3.appliedbiosystems.com/cms/g ... 039329.pdf

The official setup guide requires you to wire up a cable that sends contact closure signals from the autosampler to trigger a start signal to Analyst upon injection. It may be that everything appears "ready" but without the contact closure it never gets the start signal.
Please verify if you choose "LC sync" option in the "Method".
AnneM

This is a very common bug in the Analyst series of software and most likely due to the miscommunication of the software with "it's self". Whenever I get this problem (and it was practically every day with 1.4.1) I shut down the program completely, then enter task manager and locate the analystservice.exe in the applications list. Stop it. Reboot the computer, and restart the software. Reload your batch file and submit again. When you initiate run (if you have the LC setup right) everything will proceed.
Frankly, 1.4.1 is riddled with bugs and it is worth the effort to upgrade with the hot fixes from ABsciex, even 1.4.2 if possible. Better still move to 1.5.2 depends if you can "obtain" the software. I run on 1.5.2 now and wish I had 1.6.0 (I'm never satisfied)

best regards

RJH

ps let me know if this doesn't work, there are at least 8 different possibilities for this error to occur with analyst, the above is the most usual fix.
RJH

ps let me know if this doesn't work, there are at least 8 different possibilities for this error to occur with analyst, the above is the most usual fix.[/quote]

Can you let me know what other possibilities there are? I struggle to get my sample acquire. I can not deactivate analystservice.exe. so rebooting the PC is not going to do much for me.

Kind Regards

Agnieszka
Hello,
I am having a similar issue acquiring a sample with Analyst 1.4.1 - I tried shutting down the program completely and reloading the batch file, and submitting the same to no avail.

Does anyone have any other fixes?

Thank you in advance,
Lily

RJH007 wrote:
AnneM

This is a very common bug in the Analyst series of software and most likely due to the miscommunication of the software with "it's self". Whenever I get this problem (and it was practically every day with 1.4.1) I shut down the program completely, then enter task manager and locate the analystservice.exe in the applications list. Stop it. Reboot the computer, and restart the software. Reload your batch file and submit again. When you initiate run (if you have the LC setup right) everything will proceed.
Frankly, 1.4.1 is riddled with bugs and it is worth the effort to upgrade with the hot fixes from ABsciex, even 1.4.2 if possible. Better still move to 1.5.2 depends if you can "obtain" the software. I run on 1.5.2 now and wish I had 1.6.0 (I'm never satisfied)

best regards

RJH

ps let me know if this doesn't work, there are at least 8 different possibilities for this error to occur with analyst, the above is the most usual fix.
lilyb2345 wrote:
Hello,
I am having a similar issue acquiring a sample with Analyst 1.4.1 - I tried shutting down the program completely and reloading the batch file, and submitting the same to no avail.

Does anyone have any other fixes?

Thank you in advance,
Lily

RJH007 wrote:
AnneM

best regards

RJH

Have you checked to see if the LC Sync box is checked? If not it will just sit and wait for the injector to inject but nothing happens.
The past is there to guide us into the future, not to dwell in.
8 posts Page 1 of 1