Help Perkin Elmer Clarus 500

Discussions about GC-MS, LC-MS, LC-FTIR, and other "coupled" analytical techniques.

4 posts Page 1 of 1
Hello there! I have been having problems with this chromatrograph that we use at the laboratoy of my school; it was working well actually we made several methods & series the problem is that the link between PC & the instrument is lost & I don't know why it just suddenly happened one day I just turned the chromatograph & PC on, initialized the software (TotalChrom Workstation 6.3.2) and noticed that the instrument got ready but I couldn't do anything because the software never recognized the signal from the instrument I disconnected the instrument from the software & reinstall the software again but when I tried to configure the instrument into the software I got stuck at almost the last point when I have to push "query port" it always says that it cannot find the interface (with blue letters) I checked the cable (we are using it throught a serial cable) replaced it & I'm still getting the same message, the other thing that I did was reinstalling Windows & try with Windows XP SP3 but I still get the same message by the way the little orange light near the LAN port was on but now It is no longer, as far as I know laboratory crew told me that they have had this problem like 2 times before but suddenly it works well again
I'll be so grateful if someone can help me or give me an advice, looking forward to your comments

Missel
I've had similar problems with my Clarus 500, but using the LAN port and Turbo Mass software.

My solution was to let the computer start fully, then turn on the GC system and let it start fully. When the GC has successfully connected to the computer it will play a little tune, and you will be able to see the computer recive and send information. Then start your software.

Any reason you are using a serial cable and not LAN?
Hello there! excuse but I couldn't be able to answer until now; I was using serial because that's the way it was installed by the way I could fix it! it is working well again; it seems that there was a problem with the I/O ports board somehow it wasn't transmitting information to PC. A Perkin Elmer support guy came to diagnistic the problem he tried wih 2 I/O board but he wasn't successful: I'm really into PC & laptops & I've seen some problems with the video cards & according to my experience I have solved them using a hot air gun using it directly on the video card well the point is that I wondered what would happened if I use it on the I/O board; and well I was really curious & shot hot air on the board during 4 minutes or so then conected it again on the chromatograph & voalá! it's working again! :D probably the best option now is changing to the LAN conection I will give it a try though
Thanks for your advice "Forse" & I hope this can help anyone who has a similar problem

Missel
could you please help me with the connection between the PC and the chromatograph..
4 posts Page 1 of 1