unresponsive flow diverter valve in Sciex 5500

Discussions about GC-MS, LC-MS, LC-FTIR, and other "coupled" analytical techniques.

5 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi,
does anybody know how to specifically reset only the flow diverter valve module in Sciex 5000 series instruments, without performing a total hardware reset?

Sometimes, I encounter a problem that the integrated flow diverter valve stays in status "run" even if the run has stopped, and becomes unresponsive to further manual or software commands. The only way of solving this issue is to perform a hardware reset with pumps turning off, so I'd be really grateful if someone found a way of resetting only this module in some sort of way.
Thanks and best regards,
Jurij
Hi
Did you try to deactivate and reactivate the hardware profile?
Good luck
Jörg
Hi, Jörg,
Thanks for your answer! Yes, I have deactivated the profile, and reactivated it, and unfortunately, it does not reset the valve controller. I even tried shutting down the HPLC and PC, but it does not work either. The only option is to reset or power-cycle the mass detector.
Best regards, Jurij
The problem can be in the control board that sits below the source. I have had one go bad before on a 3200 because some liquid leaked down from the line going into the source and shorted it out.

Another think that can force a reset of the MS is to loosen the probe with the large brass ring, like you are swapping from ESI to APCI, when you hear the gas stop flowing it is enough, then tighten it back down, this makes the MS think you changed the probe and it does a reset. Sometimes that can fix an error condition.
The past is there to guide us into the future, not to dwell in.
Fantastic, I'll try that.
Many thanks!
5 posts Page 1 of 1